Depart Tel Aviv /Jerusalem at 8:30 Drive towards the Judean Hills, One of the oldest wine regions in the world! We will discuss the wine history of the area, the rise of boutique wineries in Israel, Ownership of Agriculture land in Israel, wine “politics” in Israel , current trends in wine making and much more.
We Begin the tour at a beautifully preserved 1,600 year old Archeological Wine Press. Continue to Tzuba Boutique Winery, where we will meet Wine Maker Paul Dubb, tour the winery and hear about the wine making process. followed by tasting 4-5 of Tzuba’s award winning wines.
Next we will continue to the Agur Boutique winery to meet up with winemaker Shuki Yashuv. Shuki is a master Blender of wines and a very colorful person, guaranteeing an unforgettable tasting experience.
Our next stop will be Tzora Winery, Tzora placed 3 wines above 90 Points with Robert Parker in 2013 alone and their Wine Maker is Eran Pick, the only Israeli to hold the title “Master of Wine”. October 2016 Issue of Wine Spectator Magazine ranked 5 wines from Tzora above 90 points. We will taste 4 excellent wines that often include a superb dessert wine.
We then Travel through one of the most beautiful roads in Israel ending up at an off the beaten path “Tuscany In Judean Hills” vista point.
* Ask us about swapping one winery visit for tastings at a great Microbrewery.
* Ask us about hiking up Tel Azekah – The battle site of David and Goliath.
* Interested in a specific winey? email us! We work with over 25 wineries in a Judean Hills and can offer multiple tours in this region in which the itinerary, vista points are different!
* We offer relocation wine tours in which our guests begin the tour in Tel Aviv and end it in Jerusalem , or the other way around. Luggage included! Ask us about our Airport Chauffer services.
* We do not enter the West Bank / Judea & Samaria on our tours.